Paradiddles are to drummers what scales are to a melodic instrument musician. Understanding and using Paradiddles in your groove enables you to comfortably vary the groove, perform fills and improvise with ease. This chapter introduces you to 2 essential Paradiddle patterns. 4 exercises are developed for you to work through to understand this essential rudiment.
In this module, you will learn:
- The 2 key Paradiddle patterns vital for every Cajon player
- 4 exercises to practice and develop these paradiddles
- Exercises in different rhythmic subdivisions (quavers & semiquavers)
- Incorporating accents within the paradiddles
- Playing exercises at varying tempos
- HD (High Definition) video with close ups and various camera angles so you can clearly observe the techniques and rhythms
- Complimentary PDF document with detailed score (music notation) and written analysis of the rhythms discussed
- This chapter runs for 4.40 minutes
- This module is a condensed version of material equivalent to 2 - 3 standard intermediate lessons
Byron is a professional percussionist, drummer, pianist and composer based in Sydney, Australia. He has a strong interest in Flamenco and African drumming and has studied both at home and abroad (Spain, Africa) with artists including Juan Flores, Ramon Porrina and Sibo Bangoura. Byron is a sought after musician performing regularly with numerous groups including flamenco ensemble Pena Flamenca, artists from The Voice including Lionel Cole and Rosie Henshaw, and acoustic duo Kinetic Method. Byron is a passionate educator with a Bachelor of Music and a Masters of Teaching from University of Sydney and he loves to share his knowledge and skills with people in an inspiring and fun way.
Find out more about Byron here
"Byron is the most rhythmically reliable & energetic player around. His precision, dedication and charisma behind every beat is flawless. A true cajon master!" Rosie Henshaw, Singer/Guitarist/Song-writer