This chapter is a detailed analysis of the ‘FLAM’ – one of the most important drumming rudiments. After a detailed explanation and instruction on how to play a FLAM, Byron will guide you through 6 exercises of varying rhythmic feels for you to focus on while developing your Flam technique.
In this module, you will learn:
- FLAM rudiments (leading in both the RIGHT and LEFT hands)
- 6 exercises to practice and develop your Flam technique.
- Exercises in different rhythmic subdivisions (crotchets, quavers, tri-plets and semiquavers)
- How to play Flams amongst Ghost notes
- Playing exercises at varying tempos
- Short introduction into BASS Flams
- HD (High Definition) video with close ups and various camera angles so you can clearly observe the techniques and rhythms
- Complimentary PDF document with detailed score (music notation) and written analysis of the rhythms discussed
- This chapter runs for 8 minutes
- This module is a condensed version of material equivalent to two standard intermediate lessons
Byron is a professional percussionist, drummer, pianist and composer based in Sydney, Australia. He has a strong interest in Flamenco and African drumming and has studied both at home and abroad (Spain, Africa) with artists including Juan Flores, Ramon Porrina and Sibo Bangoura. Byron is a sought after musician performing regularly with numerous groups including flamenco ensemble Pena Flamenca, artists from The Voice including Lionel Cole and Rosie Henshaw, and acoustic duo Kinetic Method. Byron is a passionate educator with a Bachelor of Music and a Masters of Teaching from University of Sydney and he loves to share his knowledge and skills with people in an inspiring and fun way.
Find out more about Byron here
"Byron has the rare gift of being both an inspired teacher and performer. His teaching combines fun, warmth, and crystal clear instruction backed up by his extensive teaching qualifications and experience. As a performer, he is one of the busiest musicians I know, and performs on Cajon/percussion/drums and keyboards across varying genres. I love collaborating with him because of his fantastic talent as well as his awesome personality." Claudia Chambers, Director - Learn Cajon