The DOUBLE STROKE is one of the most utilised rudiments amongst drummers. This chapter provides an in depth study of how to apply the double stroke specifically on the Cajon. 3 different ways of playing doubles are discussed, and are then developed into 6 varying exercises for you to work through.
In this module, you will learn:
- 3 different techniques to play double strokes
- 6 exercises to practice and develop your doubles techniques
- Exercises in different rhythmic subdivisions (quavers, triplets and semiquavers)
- Incorporating accents within your double rudiments
- How to play doubles on different parts of the Cajon
- Playing exercises at varying tempos
- HD (High Definition) video with close ups and various camera angles so you can clearly observe the techniques and rhythms
- Complimentary PDF document with detailed score (music notation) and written analysis of the rhythms discussed
- This chapter runs for 7 minutes
- This module is a condensed version of material equivalent to 2 - 3 standard intermediate lessons
Byron is a professional percussionist, drummer, pianist and composer based in Sydney, Australia. He has a strong interest in Flamenco and African drumming and has studied both at home and abroad (Spain, Africa) with artists including Juan Flores, Ramon Porrina and Sibo Bangoura. Byron is a sought after musician performing regularly with numerous groups including flamenco ensemble Pena Flamenca, artists from The Voice including Lionel Cole and Rosie Henshaw, and acoustic duo Kinetic Method. Byron is a passionate educator with a Bachelor of Music and a Masters of Teaching from University of Sydney and he loves to share his knowledge and skills with people in an inspiring and fun way.
Find out more about Byron here
"One of the most talented, creative, innovative & musical musicians I've ever met." Deva Permana, Sydney-based session drummer