Complete Technique, Pop & Rock Series
Purchase ALL 12 Chapters in the Intermediate ‘Technique, Pop & Rock’ series! This comprehensive series covers core technique and drumming rudiments, along with some essential grooves for you to master as you develop your Cajon playing. The videos will prepare and equip you with material you can use at live gigs or in the recoding studio. All exercises feature step-by-step instruction to perfect your rhythms, and the later chapters feature a special guest musician for you to observe how the rhythms work in a musical setting. And all chapters also come with a FREE accompanying PDF document with rhythmical notations and explanations of concepts discussed. This is a great collection of resources – grab them all today and CONTINUE YOUR CAJON JOURNEY!
This series covers various aspects of your Cajon playing:
- Ghost Notes
- 4 stroke and 5 stroke rolls
POP & ROCK RHYTHMS:
- Core pop and rock beat
- 4-to-the-floor STRAIGHT groove
- 4-to-the-floor SHUFFLE groove
- Slow Pop/Ballad grooves
- 1 bar fills
- Cajon Accessories – using the SHAKER
POCKET PLAYING: This last chapter is an introduction into an advanced methodology and approach to Cajon and performing on the stage.
- HD (High Definition) video with close ups and various camera angles so you can clearly observe the techniques and rhythms
- Complimentary PDF document with detailed score (music notation) and written analysis of the rhythms discussed
- A total of 80 minutes of in-depth Cajon study between all 12 chapters
- This series is a condensed version of material equivalent to a dedicated 6 months of study and practice.
Byron is a professional percussionist, drummer, pianist and composer based in Sydney, Australia. He has a strong interest in Flamenco and African drumming and has studied both at home and abroad (Spain, Africa) with artists including Juan Flores, Ramon Porrina and Sibo Bangoura. Byron is a sought after musician performing regularly with numerous groups including flamenco ensemble Pena Flamenca, artists from The Voice including Lionel Cole and Rosie Henshaw, and acoustic duo Kinetic Method. Byron is a passionate educator with a Bachelor of Music and a Masters of Teaching from University of Sydney and he loves to share his knowledge and skills with people in an inspiring and fun way.
Find out more about Byron here
"Byron's musical approach is fresh and unique. He uses all four limbs to produce a super full and musical sound. He is a multi-instrumentalist who is always coming up with innovative ways to apply his skill and knowledge." Dominic Cabrera, Sydney-based session drummer