Rhythms in Three Module 1
Introduction to Sevillanas, Waltzes and Jigs
Sample video extract
Understanding rhythms in three is essential if you want to play almost any rhythm - from rock, blues, bulerias, funk through to sevillanas, waltzes and jigs. Gaining a clear and solid groundwork in this rhythmic basis will make all later study seem relatively easy!
In this module, you will learn:
- three different approaches to understanding rhythms in three
- four different rhythmic patterns for playing sevillanas, waltzes and jigs
- how to play a short sequence
- technique for playing rhythms in three
- Instructional Video with step by step demonstration of rhythms and techniques being taught (14 minutes)
- Additional video with eleven exercises designed to systematically build up your ability and skills as you play along (12 minutes)
- Written notes guiding you through the module including notation of all rhythms and exercises, background to Rhythms in Three, glossary and study plan
- Clear explanations using visual auditory and kinaesthetic approaches to learning
- HD (High Definition) video with close ups and split screens so you can easily see correct technique
Material included in this module is equivalent to approximately three introductory level classes, or two lower intermediate classes.
Claudia lived in Spain for five years studying percussion with many cajon players including Isaac Figueras (Chiquelo, Diego Carrasco) and Juan Flores (Duquende, Manuel Soto). She then moved to Ireland to play and record with Mexican guitar duo, Rodrigo y Gabriela, and went on to work with other artists including folk legend Luka Bloom. For the next three years she performed in many parts of Europe including Holland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ireland and Spain. She also taught cajon and drums at the Irish Drum Academy and Waltons School of Music. She now lives in Sydney and performs with various groups, and teaches percussion for the Department of Education and Training.
Find out more about Claudia.
"Perfect, genuine, energetic and authentic. 10/10. Claudia is passionate, talented and authentic. She has clearly studied with masters and conveys her knowledge and enthusiasm clearly." Robyn DwyerRead more testimonials