Pop and Rock Module 1
Introduction to Pop and Rock
Sample video extract
Learning to play rock and pop on the cajon is great fun. For anyone growing up listening to pop and rock, learning to play these rhythms on the cajon is a great place to start. They are the grooves that often come the most easily to us - they feel natural - and of course we can play along to lots of our music straight away...as well as jam along with friends.
In this module, you will learn:
- how to understand and count pop and rock rhythms
- three classic pop and rock beats
- two typical one-bar fills
- how to play a short rock sequence using beats and fills
- technique for playing pop and rock on the cajon
- Instructional Video with step by step demonstration of rhythms and techniques being taught (16 minutes)
- Additional video with twelve exercises designed to systematically build up your ability and skills as you play along (10 minutes)
- Written notes guiding you through the module including notation of all rhythms and exercises, background to Pop and Rock, glossary and study plan
- Clear explanations using visual auditory and kinaesthetic approaches to learning
- HD (High Definition) video with close ups and split screens so you can easily see correct technique
Material included in this module is equivalent to approximately three introductory level classes, or two lower intermediate classes.
Claudia lived in Spain for five years studying percussion with many cajon players including Isaac Figueras (Chiquelo, Diego Carrasco) and Juan Flores (Duquende, Manuel Soto). She then moved to Ireland to play and record with Mexican guitar duo, Rodrigo y Gabriela, and went on to work with other artists including folk legend Luka Bloom. For the next three years she performed in many parts of Europe including Holland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ireland and Spain. She also taught cajon and drums at the Irish Drum Academy and Waltons School of Music. She now lives in Sydney and performs with various groups, and teaches percussion for the Department of Education and Training.
Find out more about Claudia.
"Very inspiring teaching. Claudia is a great communicator. Highly recommended." Guy Madun - Percussionist, SiroccoRead more testimonials